There are three key stages involved in facilitating a vessel load in and out of Australia. These are all the pre arrival requirements, what needs to be attended to while the vessel is in port, and important documentation and follow up after the vessel has departed the port.
As an experienced and well-resourced shipping agency in Australia, Monson Agencies can not only pre-empt any potential issues, but has an established and streamlined process in place that you can have confidence in.
The following is a basic outline of what we will take care of for you under a Full Agency Appointment:
1. Acknowledge the appointment with accurate estimated port costs, relevant port and berth information and the vessel’s expected schedule.
2. Fully inform the Master of all requirements relating to Customs, AQIS, port and terminal requirements.
3. Ensure the vessel is ready for loading the required cargo, i.e. the holds are cleaned to required standards.
4. Advise and update relevant parties of the vessels of the impending arrival; including Customs, AQIS, port authorities, terminals and shippers.
5. Prepare draft copies of all documents and forward for checking prior to the vessel’s arrival, to ensure no delays to the vessel.
1. Attend the vessel upon berthing and ensure the Master, terminal and Stevedores, are all aware of the cargo and vessel requirements while in port.
2. Provide daily updates of the vessel’s progress to all parties; including advice of any potential problems that may delay the vessel’s departure from the port.
3. For vessels loading, ensure maximum cargo is loaded within the contract tolerance and ensure maximum drafts are attained by constant communication with the Port Authority and terminal.
4. For vessels discharging, provide assistance with detailed planning of port / terminal rotation, to achieve optimum vessel turnaround attending pre-discharge survey with authorities when applicable, ensuring availability of original Bill of Lading or Letter of Indemnity (LOI) is passed to all parties for approval.
5. Attend the vessel prior to departure, to ensure correct cargo has been loaded or discharged. Also ensure all documents are completed correctly and that the timesheet is accurate.
After the vessel has completed its port visit and departed port, we:
1. Immediately email all loading documents in .pdf format
2. Dispatch all loading documents by courier within two working days
3. Send a complete cost estimate within two working days for the vessel’s port call
4. Dispatch disbursement accounts with original invoices as soon as possible
5. Ensure all contractors and service providers receive final payment on time
6. Compile documents to Letter of Credit standards and present to bank, if required.
Inquire about our port agency services in the planning stages of your shipment so we can provide the best advice. We’ve found from experience we are often able to provide helpful assistance in stages before you might think you need our services.